240g smoked trout
2-3 tsp creamed horseradish
zest of 1 lemon & juice of 1 lemon
1. Put the trout, horseradish, lemon zest and juice in a blender, and season with salt and ground black pepper.
2. Whizz to make a paste.
Serve with hot tasted bread.
400g new potatoes,halved.
300g broccoli, cut into small florets.
4 tsp wine vinegar.
2-4 tsp coarse-grain mustard.
2-4 olive oil.
6-8 cooked baby beetroot.
300g hot smoked salmon flaked.
1. Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10 mins.add the broccoli florets and cook for a further 2-3mins .
2. Whisk the vinegar,mstard and olive oil in a small bowl to make a dressing .
3. Drain the veg,tip into a bowl and toss with the dressing to coat. Add the beetroot and the hot smoked salmon ,and serve warm.
4 oven-ready grouse.
Olive oil for greasing .
8 rashers smoked streaky bacon.
60ml fresh orange juice.
1.preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF(gas mark5).
2. season the grouse with salt and pepper and rap 2 rashers of bacon round each bird, place the grouse in a lightly oiled roasting tin.
3. roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh.rap the cooked grouse in tin foil and allow to rest for 5 to 10 mins.
4. pour the cooking juices from the roasting tin into a small pan ,add the port and orange juice and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. serve the grouse with the port and orange sauce and vegetables and potatoes of your choice .
250g dried pasta bows
2 medium red onions diced
I pot morecame bay potted shrimps
Juice of half a lemon
142ml double cream or crème fraiche
100g smoked salmon ,cut in to strips
Tsp freshly chopped dill
Salt and ground black pepper.
1. Cook the pasta following pack instructions
2. Melt the butter in a large pan ,add the onions and cook until soft, stir in the potted shrimps, lemon juice and dill cook for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta, add to the shrimps and stir in the cream or crème fraiche, smoked salmon and season. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Serve with crusty bread.
250g sliced pepperpot sausage
350g dried penne pasta
1 onion diced
1 red pepper sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 400g tin of tinned tomatoes
1 tsp worcestshire sauce
A small handful of fresh basil
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta following the pack instructions.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook until soft.
3. Add the red pepper and cook for another 2 minutes then add the sliced pepperpot sausage.
4. Pour in the tin of tomatoes, add the tomato ketchup, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Drain the pasta, add into the sauce and season with salt and pepper add the chopped basil and stir together.
6. Serve with garlic bread.
200g sliced smoked chicken .
A good handful of mixed salad leaves.
75g walnut halves.
Add the smoked chicken ,mixed salad leaves and the walnuts together in a large bowl and dress with the salad dressing.
Honey and wholegrain mustard dressing.
175 ml olive oil
50ml white wine vinegar
3 tsp runny honey
2 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
Pinch of salt and ground pepper.
Mix all ingredients together.